Terms and Conditions
Yacht Charter and Cruise Terms and Conditions
Yacht selection and reservation in the section → Our Yachts
Terms Used in These Terms and Conditions
- Client – the person that charters and pays for the Yacht cruise
- Organiser – the organiser of the Yacht cruise: SIA “Citrons Media”
- Yacht – the boat chosen by the Client and provided by the Organiser
- Skipper – the captain of the Yacht during the cruise
Important: How to Arrive for the Yacht Cruise
- Please arrive at the Yacht jetty 10-15 minutes before the set time for the start of the Yacht cruise.
- It is prohibited to board and be present on the Yacht wearing high-heeled shoes, dark-soled footwear, dirty shoes or shoes with sharp heels.
- Passengers may board the Yacht wearing comfortable light-soled sports or leisure footwear or barefoot.
- It is prohibited to bring animals on board the Yacht.
- It is prohibited to bring and use the following food products on board the Yacht:
- red wine,
- grape juice and other dark berry juices,
- dark berries: blackberries, cherries, blueberries, gooseberries, bilberries, etc.,
- very fatty products such as smoked chicken etc.
- To enjoy the snacks you’ve brought with you, you should also bring disposable dishes and cutlery with you, except in instances in which snacks are served on board the Yacht by Arjahtu.lv catering partners.
- It is prohibited to use cups and dishes made from glass and other similarly fragile materials on board a Yacht.
- It is not recommended to bring children up to three years of age on a Yacht cruise.
- When deciding what to wear on a sailing cruise, we recommend wearing one layer of clothing warmer than that needed at the same time on dry land. You should definitely bring a light windcheater jacket with you, because it is always cooler on board a Yacht than on dry land and wind speed is increased by the motion of the Yacht.
- In sunny weather, you should bring some sunglasses, suns cream and a peaked cap with you.
- If you are planning to take a swim during your Yacht cruise, please bring a swimsuit or swimming trunks and towel with you.
- If you suffer from sea sickness (kinetosis), please start using the relevant medical products an hour before the start of the Yacht cruise.
General Rules On Board a Yacht
- The goal of a Yacht cruise to have a wonderful, unforgettable and safe leisure experience on water.
- Once they step on board the Yacht, all passengers undertake to actively work together to attain the aforementioned goal.
- On board the Yacht, the Skipper’s word is law! In all circumstances, the passengers must comply with the Skipper’s instructions.
- On board the Yacht, it is the Client’s duty to unquestioningly comply with the Skipper’s instructions.
- Passengers may only board and disembark from the Yacht, swim from the Yacht, jump into the water, fish and handle the Yacht’s rigging elements with the Skipper’s consent and in accordance with the Skipper’s instructions.
- The Client undertakes to notify the Organiser in good time if children will be taking part in the Yacht cruise. If the passengers include children up to 12 years of age, they must wear life jackets at all times during the cruise. Life jackets will be provided by the Yacht crew.
- Smoking on board a Yacht is permissible with the consent of the Skipper.
- In order to encourage a convivial atmosphere on board the Yacht, passengers may consume light alcoholic beverages in moderate quantities. However the Yacht Skipper is entitled to suspend the cruise or not commence it at all if any of the guests are so intoxicated that they pose a threat to their own safety and that of their fellow passengers.
- It is prohibited to drop rubbish into the water from a Yacht.
- A Yacht cruise reservation made using the website Arjahtu.lv is considered to be a distance contract, which is regulated by the Republic of Latvia’s Cabinet Regulation No.255 of 20 May 2014 “Regulations Regarding Distance Contracts”.
Booking, Rearranging and Shortening a Yacht Cruise
- The cruise booking fee (security deposit) is the sum of money, which the Client has to pay to reserve the cruise date and time. The security deposit sum depends on the chosen Yacht and the chosen length of the sailing cruise. The standard reservation fee is 50% of the total price of the cruise.
- The cruise reservation will be confirmed after the booking fee (security deposit) has been received in the Organiser’s bank account.
- A Yacht cruise application without the deposit of the booking fee is of an informative nature only and is not binding on the Organiser.
- The booking will deposited into the total Yacht rental charge. However, in the event that the yacht cruise does not take place, because of a unilateral cancellation by the Client, it will not be reimbursed.
- The booking fee received will be reimbursed to the Client in full if the Yacht rental cruise does not take place, because of the Yacht Skipper and/or Organiser and it is not possible to rearrange the cruise at a different time.
- If the Client unilaterally changes (rearranges) a previously booked cruise time, it shall pay the Organiser a fee for rearranging the cruise in the amount of 50% of the deposited booking fee, but not less than €50. If the cruise time and date are rearranged less than 10 days before the booked yacht cruise, the charge for rearranging the cruise is set in the amount of 100% of the booking fee paid.
- If the Client wishes to change a higher-priced cruise in favour of a lower-priced cruise, it must pay a contractual fine in the amount of 50% of the difference in the price of both sailing cruises. The contractual fine will be withheld from the booking fee.
- If the Client changes a lower-priced cruise in favour of a higher-priced cruise, it must pay the difference in the yacht rental price for the sailing cruise in question.
- The cruise time will be rearranged after the Client has paid the fee for rearranging the yacht cruise in full and the required security deposit sum has been paid in full.
- If the Client fails to arrive for the booked cruise without notifying the Organiser, it will the entire booking fee.
- The Client is to entitled to cancel and not embark on a booked cruise provided that it has notified the Organiser accordingly beforehand.
- Pursuant to Sub-Clause 12 of Clause 22 of the Republic of Latvia’s Cabinet Regulation No.255 of 20 May 2014, “Regulations Regarding Distance Contracts”, which stipulates that: “The Consumer may not exercise the right of withdrawal if the Contract has been has been concluded regarding [..] car rental services, catering or services related to leisure activities if the service provider undertakes to provide the service on a specific date or within a specific period of time [..]”, in the event of a cancellation by the Client, the deposited booking fee (security deposit) will not be reimbursed.
Yacht Cruise Length
- If the Yacht rental Client is late for the start of the cruise, the length of the delay will be included in the total length of the cruise and will not be compensated, while the return to the jetty will take place at the contractually agreed time.
- In the event that the Client unilaterally wishes to shorten the originally agreed length of the booked yacht cruise, the cruise will be shortened as far as possible, but the Client will still have to pay the full Yacht rental price, which was originally contractually agreed.
- The Client understands and agrees that the actual length of the Yacht cruise is dependent on the weather conditions during the cruise – wind force, wind direction, visibility, the height of the waves and other factors that influence the speed and course of the Sailing Yacht’s motion. The Organiser is not responsible for instances in which the length of the Yacht cruise has been extended for reasons beyond the control of the Organiser or Skipper.
- Rain or a forecast or rain before a cruise is not considered to be a reason for the cancellation or rearrangement of the cruise or reimbursement of the booking fee.
- Overcast or cloudy weather is not considered to be a reason for the cancellation or rearrangement of the cruise or reimbursement of the booking fee.
- The Skipper is entitled to change the originally planned cruise route in the interests of passenger safety if the weather conditions (wind speed, wind direction, wave height) during the Yacht cruise require this.
- In the event that there is a strong wind (above 15 m/s) on the day of the cruise, which could endanger the safety of passengers, the Skipper is entitled is rearrange the Yacht cruise for another freely available by mutual arrangement with the Client. In this case, the booking fee will not be reimbursed.
- In the event that it start to rain during the sailing cruise, the length of the Yacht cruise will not be extended or rearranged and the Yacht cruise will be considered to have taken place.
- Any changes in weather conditions during the Yacht cruise have no bearing on the Yacht rental charge originally contractually agreed upon.
Gift Cards and Prepayment Coupons for Yacht Cruises
- A gift card or coupon can be used once, but only for the specified cruise on the relevant sailing Yacht at the set time and will not reimbursed in full or in part.
- The Client may pay a surcharge and embark on a more expensive Yacht cruise than that provided for by the gift card or coupon.
- After its term of validity has expired, a gift card or coupon will be considered to have been used and will not be reimbursed.
- If the Client, or recipient of the Gift card or coupon, unilaterally changes the arranged cruise time less than 10 days before the arranged cruise time, the Organiser is entitled to consider 50% of the value of the Gift card or coupon to have been expended. If the time of the Yacht cruise is changed on the date of the sailing cruise itself, the Gift card or coupon will be considered to have been expended in full.
- If the Client cancels the sailing cruise on the set date of the cruise or fails to arrive for a cruise it has arranged, the Gift card or coupon will be considered to have been expended in full.
- The time of sailing cruise booked using a Gift card or coupon may be rearranged only once.
Other Terms and Conditions
- During the Yacht cruise, passengers may do some fishing, but only in compliance with the provisions of the relevant legislation.
- For reasons of personal safety, it is advisable to wear a life jacket on a Yacht, particularly if the sailing cruise takes place in choppy conditions, strong winds and during hours of darkness.
- Given the draught of the Yacht, passengers may be required to step into quite deep water or swim to reach shore in places where conditions for mooring the Yacht are unsuitable or where there is no jetty, e.g. alongside the Lielupe White Dune, next to islets or alongside a beach.
- When crossing the equator, passengers undertake to observe an ancient tradition by being christened by jumping into the ocean. After completing this ritual, the passenger acquires the honourable title of “sea wolf”.
- All prices quoted on this website, as well as on related websites, print outs, booklets, gift cards and outdoors are shown not including VAT.
- A specific sailing Yacht, motorboat or catamaran may have individual booking, cruise rearrangement or usage rules that differ from those specified here. In the event that any of these terms and conditions contradict one another, the Yacht’s individual rules shall take precedence.
- It is compulsory for passengers to embark on a Yacht cruise in a good mood! 🙂
Have a pleasant cruise,
the Yachtum.com team